From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50129969
- Date: 1 December 2009
- Public Authority: Electoral Commission
- Summary: The complainant requested information related to proposals to modify the system of dual reporting requirements for MPs, which requires them to give details of certain financial support received by them and their constituency associations both to the House of Commons Registrar of Members’ Interests and the Electoral Commission. The public authority provided much of the information but withheld other information, citing the exemptions contained in sections 36(2)(b)(i) and (ii) and 42 of the Act. The Commissioner, in the absence of evidence that the opinion of the qualified person was reasonably arrived at, has decided that they were sufficiently overridingly reasonable so as to engage the exemption provided by section 36 and that the public interest favoured the maintenance of the exemption . The Commissioner also found that the section 42 exemption was engaged and the public interest favoured the maintenance of the exemption.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 36 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 42 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions