- Case Ref: FS50124622
- Date: 3 June 2009
- Public Authority: University of Cambridge
- Summary: The complainant originally requested minutes and papers, specifically including minutes of reserved business and papers relating to graduate student rents, from the Secretary of the Bursars’ Committee who was then located at Jesus College, Cambridge. This was subsequently requested directly from Cambridge University itself (the “public authority”). This Notice only deals with the request to the public authority. The public authority stated that it held the information as one or more of its employees attended the meetings. However, it stated that employees were invited to attend on the express understanding that the business was conducted on a confidential basis. It therefore stated that it believed the information was exempt from disclosure in its entirety under section 41 (information provided in confidence) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (the “Act”). The Commissioner finds that the public authority does hold the information for its own purposes and that the exemption at section 41 is not engaged. He also finds breaches of sections 1(1)(b) and 10(1). The complaint is upheld.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 1 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions