From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50113714
- Date: 17 September 2007
- Public Authority: Financial Services Authority
- Summary: The complainant requested from the Financial Services Authority (the “FSA”) a copy of a 1997 report concerning the Personal Investment Authority and Colonial Mutual. The FSA initially withheld the information on the basis of the exemption in section 44 of the Act but, subsequent to its internal review, also chose to rely on section 41. As a result of further enquiries, the Commissioner considers that section 41 applies to all the information requested. However, as the exemption was not used in the original refusal, the authority is found to be in breach of section 17. There are no steps required.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 17 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 41 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions