From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50111129
- Date: 13 June 2007
- Public Authority: Office of Government Commerce
- Summary: The complainant requested the RAG status of any government projects currently under Gateway Review and the name of the projects. The RAG status refers to a projects status i.e. Red, Amber or Green. The OGC confirmed it held two stage zero and one stage one Gateway Review in relation to the Government ID Card Project but refused to disclose the RAG status of the project as the information requested was subject to section 33 ‘Audit Functions’ and section 35 ‘Formulation of government policy’ of the Act and that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighed the public interest in disclosing the information. The Commissioner’s review of the application of sections 33 and 35 found that the exemption under section 33 was engaged as the OGC has demonstrated that release of the information would, or would be likely to prejudice the exercise of any of its audit functions but that the public interest in maintaining the exemption did not outweigh the public interest in disclosure. The Commissioner found that section 35 was engaged but that the public interest in maintaining the exemption did not outweigh the public interest in disclosing the information. The Commissioner’s decision is to uphold the complaint and order the OGC to disclosure the requested information within 35 calendar days from date of this notice. This decision notice is currently under appeal to the Information Tribunal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 33 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 35 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions