From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50097244
- Date: 10 July 2007
- Public Authority: Forest Heath District Council
- Summary: The complainant asked the public authority for information relating to a specific planning issue. The public authority withheld it under section 42 of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (section 42) claiming legal professional privilege and that the public interest in maintaining the exemption outweighed the public interest in disclosing the information. The Commissioner found that the requested information should have been considered under the Environmental Information Regulations 2004. Nevertheless the claim that the information was subject to legal professional privilege still applied and the information was exempt from disclosure by virtue of regulation 12(5)(b). The complaint was partially upheld.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 5 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 12(5)(b) - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions