From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50087462
- Date: 9 November 2005
- Public Authority: Home Office
- Summary: The complainant requested information on investigations carried out concerning the conduct of prison staff. There were two aspects to the complaint; that the request was not responded to within 20 working days and that the Home Office failed in their duty to provide advice and assistance. The Commissioner found that the Home Office did not respond to this request within 20 working days and, therefore, upheld this aspect of the complaint. When responding to this request, the Home Office only stated that to comply with the request would exceed the cost limit of £600 for central government and so the information requested would not be provided. As the Home Office did not help to refine the request and did not offer any information about their cost estimate the Commissioner believes that the Home Office failed in their duty to provide advice and assistance and so this aspect of the complaint is also upheld. The Commissioner has not required any further action by the Home Office in connection with these complaints because assistance has since been provided.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 16 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions