From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50085720
- Date: 22 December 2009
- Public Authority: Cabinet Office
- Summary: The complainant asked the public authority for a copy of the Cabinet Office’s Manual of Protective Security. The public authority provided some sections of the Manual but withheld other parts, citing the exemptions contained in sections 21(1), 23(1), 24(1), 27(1)(a), 31 and 36(2)(c) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000 (‘the Act’). After the Commissioner’s intervention the public authority released some further information. The Commissioner decided that the public interest test under section 24(1) of the Act required that a small amount of the information which the public authority continued to withhold should be disclosed. He also decided that information for which section 21(1) had been claimed was not reasonably accessible to the applicant and should specifically be disclosed. This decision notice is currently under appeal to the Information Tribunal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 21 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 24 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions