From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50075378
- Date: 14 July 2005
- Public Authority: Ferry Hill Town Council
- Summary: The complainant requested information in relation to Council allotments and alleged that he was dissatisfied with the Fees Notice issued in response to his request. The Council stated that the cost of complying with the request would exceed the appropriate limit as identified in the Fees Regulations but they agreed to supply the information on receipt of the full costs. After approaching the Council for clarification the ICO was satisfied that they had estimated the costs in accordance with the Regulations. However, they did not give the complainant the opportunity to refine their request or offer to supply the information that could be provided within the parameters of the appropriate limit. The Decision Notice therefore stipulated that the Council must offer appropriate advice and assistance to the complainant.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: dn.pdf
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 9 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 16 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions