From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50075177
- Date: 27 July 2006
- Public Authority: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Summary: The complainant requested all communication between the FCO and Sir John Weston in connection to a contract relating to the UN oil-for-food programme. Fragments of text were released from some documents, but the majority of the information was withheld under sections 27 (international relations) and section 36 (prejudice to the conduct of public affairs). The Commissioner has decided that these exemptions are engaged and that the public interest requires that further information should not be disclosed. Accordingly there is no remedial action that the Commissioner requires the FCO to take beyond the agreed provision of a letter and parts of a telegram. The Information Tribunal has ruled on this decision and has dismissed this appeal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 27 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 36 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions