From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50071795
- Date: 27 July 2006
- Public Authority: Department of Trade and Industry
- Summary: The complainant requested information concerning the government's reasons for taking no action following the DTI's investigation into the allegations that British and American Tobacco was involved in smuggling. The information was withheld on the grounds that it was subject to legal professional privilege and that disclosure was prohibited by a previous enactment. The Commissioner considered that the DTI should disclose the information that was not protected by legal professional privilege or obtained in pursuance of the Companies Act section 447 requirement and that this should be provided in a disclosure statement to the complainant.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 42 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 44 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions