From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50069110
- Date: 26 July 2006
- Public Authority: Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Summary: The complainant made two requests for information. The first was for information relating to any discussions that took place between the FCO and the US authorities regarding the importation into the UK of redundant US naval vessels. The second was for information relating to the handling of this request. Although the FCO confirmed that the information relating to the first request was held, it refused to provide a copy of in reliance on the exemption relating to international relations (section 27). Although the Commissioner accepts that the requested information is exempt, he considers that the public interest requires disclosure. In respect of the second request, although the Commissioner is satisfied that most of the requested information was provided this was not done within the period for response provide by the Act. The Information Tribunal has ruled on this decision and has upheld this appeal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 10 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 27 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions