From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50068017
- Date: 2 August 2005
- Public Authority: Hampshire Constabulary
- Summary: The complainant asked the public authority to provide him with information about the number of speeding tickets and monetary revenue per camera site across Portsmouth, Gosport, Havant and Fareham in 2004/05. Hampshire Constabulary refused to provide the information citing FOI s.31 (Prejudice Law Enforcement) and FOI s.38 (Likely to Endanger Health and Safety of any individual). The Commissioner is satisfied that the release of site specific information is likely to prejudice law enforcement and endanger the safety of individuals. He was not persuaded that the public interest in disclosing site specific information outweighed the public interest in maintaining the exemptions. He believes that there is a stronger public interest in avoiding both the likely increased risk to the safety of individuals and the likely increase in non-compliance with road traffic laws. The Commissioner was also persuaded that the release of the requested information would require the public authority to take countermeasures to negate the increased risks that have been identified and that such countermeasures would entail an increase in public expenditure.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: dn.pdf
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 31 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 38 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions