From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50066050
- Date: 24 November 2005
- Public Authority: Northampton Police
- Summary: The complainant requested information relating to speeding offences recorded by the speed camera at Kelmarsh on the A508. Northants Police refused to provide this information citing the Section 31 (prejudice to Law Enforcement) and Section 38 (Health and Safety) exemptions from the Freedom of Information Act duty to disclose. Northants Police further argued that the public interest in maintaining these exemptions outweighed the public interest in disclosing the requested information. The Commissioner agrees with the exemptions applied in this case and has considered the public interest arguments. It is believed that there is a stronger public interest in this case in maintaining the two exemptions cited. The Information Tribunal has ruled on this decision and has dismissed this appeal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 31 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 38 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions