From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FS50063716
- Date: 20 December 2006
- Public Authority: Royal Surrey County Hospital
- Summary: Initially the complainant made a request to the Royal Surrey County Hospital (RSCH) under the Access to Health Records Act 1990 (AHRA) for information relating to her late husband’s treatment whilst he was a patient in the hospital. She then made a separate request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000 for four particular pieces of information that she maintained the public authority had withheld when it had responded to her request under the AHRA. The public authority informed the complainant that it would not be providing the four pieces of information she had requested under Section 1 of the Act as the information did not exist. Having investigated the matter and examined the information in question the Commissioner has decided that in relation to three of the four pieces of information the public authority has dealt with the complainant’s request in accordance with the requirements of Part I of the Act. The public authority eventually located the fourth piece of information and provided a copy of this to the complainant. The Commissioner has decided that this information was exempt under section 21 of the Act because it was accessible to the complainant under the AHRA.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 1 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: FOI 21 - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions