FOIA Section 22 Exemption
Section 22: Information Intended For Future Publication Exemption
| Section 22 exempts information requested by an applicant if it is intended for future publication..
|MoJ summary guidance.|
More detailed MoJ guidance: https://www.justice.gov.uk/downloads/information-access-rights/foi/foi-exemption-s22.pdf
What the law says
22 Information intended for future publication
- (1) Information is exempt information if—
- (a) the information is held by the public authority with a view to its publication, by the authority or any other person, at some future date (whether determined or not),
- (b) the information was already held with a view to such publication at the time when the request for information was made, and
- (c) it is reasonable in all the circumstances that the information should be withheld from disclosure until the date referred to in paragraph (a).
- (2) The duty to confirm or deny does not arise if, or to the extent that, compliance with section 1(1)(a) would involve the disclosure of any information (whether or not already recorded) which falls within subsection (1).
ICO Lines To Take
|Relevant Lines to Take|
ICO Decision Notices
|Complaints upheld / partly upheld (P)||Complaints not upheld|
Includes DNs up to: 26 April 2010
|12 21 22 23 24 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44|