FOIA Section 22A Exemption
What the law says
- (1) Information obtained in the course of, or derived from, a programme of research is exempt information if—
- (a) the programme is continuing with a view to the publication, by a public authority or any other person, of a report of the research (whether or not including a statement of that information), and
- (b) disclosure of the information under this Act before the date of publication would, or would be likely to, prejudice—
- (i) the programme,
- (ii) the interests of any individual participating in the programme,
- (iii) the interests of the authority which holds the information, or
- (iv) the interests of the authority mentioned in paragraph (a) (if it is a different authority from that which holds the information).
- (2) The duty to confirm or deny does not arise in relation to information which is (or if it were held by the public authority would be) exempt information by virtue of subsection (1) if, or to the extent that, compliance with section 1(1)(a) would, or would be likely to, prejudice any of the matters mentioned in subsection (1)(b).
ICO Lines To Take
|Relevant Lines to Take|
Related Information Commissioner / Information Tribunal Decision notices
|Complaints upheld / partly upheld (P)||Complaints not upheld|
Includes DNs up to: 26 April 2010
|12 21 22 22A 23 24 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44|