From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FER0271919
- Date: 18 March 2010
- Public Authority: Chorley Borough Council
- Summary: The complainant made a request for a copy of the neighbourhood consultation letter sent out in relation to a specific planning application. The Council stated that this information was not held and provided the complainant with a copy of the standard template letter sent out in relation to these applications. The complainant maintained that either the information was held, or that the Council had deliberately falsified the template letter provided to him. The Commissioner considered the complainant’s request and the way in which this was handled by the Council. He concluded that no further recorded information was held by the Council relevant to the complainant’s request and therefore that regulation 12(4)(a) of the EIR applied in this case. However, he also found that the Council breached regulation 14(3)(a) by not citing the specific exception it relied upon when explaining that no information was held.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 12(4)(a) - Complaint Not upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 14(3)(a) - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions