From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FER0240239
- Date: 26 October 2009
- Public Authority: Maldon District Council
- Summary: The complainant made a request to inspect the building control information in relation to two named addresses. The Council agreed to provide the information requested but only on the provision of a fee based on the property search regulations. The Council argued that it was allowed to charge for the information under regulation 8(1) as the information was not in a public register and could not be inspected without further collation by the Council. The Commissioner has investigated and found that the request is a request to inspect environmental information but that the Council cannot charge for the information by virtue of regulation 8(2)(b). The Council must make the information available for inspection in accordance with regulation 5(1) within 35 calendar days of this notice.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 5(1) - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 8(2)(b) - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions