From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FER0152885
- Date: 10 June 2008
- Public Authority: Environment Agency
- Summary: The complainant requested information about the individual who had complained to the Environment Agency about the complainant’s septic tank and sought a copy of the letter of complaint. The Commissioner finds that much of the information is personal data relating to the complainant and was therefore exempt from disclosure by virtue of regulation 5(3) of the EIR, which was not cited by the Agency. He also found that the remaining information in the letter is personal data relating to third parties and that it is exempt by virtue of regulations 13(1) and (2)(a) as the disclosure of it would breach the first data protection principle, and the Agency had acted correctly in withholding that information. Information Tribunal appeal number EA/2008/0054 has been dismissed.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 13 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 5 - Complaint Upheld - Find other matching decisions