From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Case Ref: FER0086623
- Date: 13 June 2006
- Public Authority: Department for Communities and Local Government
- Summary: The complainant had requested information about representations made to the Deputy Prime Minister following the report of the Planning Inspector into the application to Vauxhall Tower in London. The Commissioner agreed that the information was exempt by virtue of the provisions in the Environmental Information Regulations relating to the internal communications of a public authority and that, up until a decision to grant planning permission, the public interest favoured maintenance of the exception. Once the decision had been announced the Commissioner found that the public interest required the disclosure of the factual elements of the submissions to ministers and those elements setting out the questions for consideration. The Commissioner agreed that the public interest did not require the disclosure of information as to advice given or the opinions of officials. The Information Tribunal has ruled on this decision and has upheld this appeal.
- View PDF of Decision Notice: 
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 5 - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions
- Section of Act / Finding: EIR 12(4)(e) - Complaint Partly Upheld - Find other matching decisions