Charities subject to Freedom of Information Act
From FOIwikiJump to navigationJump to search
- Most charities are not subject to the Freedom of Information Act
- Some public authorities are also charities, and these are subject to FOI.
- Some schools, colleges or universities are registered as charities. Most public sector education bodies are subject to FOI.
- Companies set up as charities, wholly owned by a public authority, will be subject to FOI.
- Many museums are charities, and those listed as public authorities will be subject to the FOI Act.
- WhatDoTheyKnow.com lists some of the charities in the above categories: